We’ve begun the search for an Interim Executive Director! We would love to have your help in sharing the attached job description and call for applications. Our hope is to have someone in place mid-May so that I’ll be able to help orient him/her before I leave at the end of May.
This position does NOT have to be based in Charlotte.
We are looking for someone who is Baptist or has strong Baptist connections. I know most of you are not Baptist — but I am sure you have friends and colleagues who are.
Here’s a little about the position and what we’re looking for:
The Interim Executive Director, in coordination with the Board of Directors, has overall responsibility for the fulfillment of the BPFNA~Bautistas por la Paz mission. The Interim Executive Director takes the lead in creating conditions in which board and staff; individual, congregational and institutional members; and like-minded partners can indeed “witness to” and “work together” toward God’s peace rooted in justice as our mission statement says.
The Interim Executive Director is responsible for providing stability and continuity to the mission of the organization during a two-year time of transition; and to work, in collaboration with board of directors, staff, members and partners toward becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization.
This is a full-time exempt position hired by and directly accountable to the BPFNA~Bautistas por la Paz Board of Directors; it is a two-year contract and not eligible for a permanent posting in the organization. The person in this position does not need to live in Charlotte, NC.
The Interim ED will be responsible for: Staff supervion; budget management & fundraising; networking & representation and board relations.
Knowledge & skills:
- college degree required,
- graduate degree in theology or ministry such as M.Div., MTS, or related areas preferred,
- strongly grounded in progressive Baptist theology,
- proven commitment to the work of peace and justice,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language
- knowledge and fluency in Spanish language preferred,
- previous supervisory experience required; minimum of 7 years,
- experience working in a non-profit organization required; minimum of 10 years,
- good organizational abilities including attention to detail and follow-through,
- self-motivation and ability to take the initiative,
- excellent proven interpersonal skills,
- ability to travel nationally and internationally,
- computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office suite, databases, spreadsheet management,
- ability to master new computer-based programs,
- financial management competence,
- previous fundraising experience,
- desire and ability to work as a member of a team (i.e. staff and board relationships),
- proven commitment to diversity and decentering white power and privilege,
- affiliation with a Baptist congregation,
- willingness to learn new skills as needed.
If interested email me and I will forward the job description: email@example.com