Catholic, Evangelical, Pentecostal, Orthodox, African-American
and Protestant Churches witnessing together to the reconciling power of the Gospel of Jesus.
2015 Annual Convocation
A Perspective on What God was Able to Accomplish During Our Time Together
“I thought I was invited to share our story (and I did) but what I realized was that I was invited because I have so much more to learn. Speaker after speaker had me on the edge of my seat, with tears in my eyes, recognizing what God is up to through the movement of people on this globe. Often it is grave injustice that mobilizes people (and that is so biblical) but God brings great victory out of the story of immigrants—in scripture and today.”
Read Rev. Seth Kaper-Dale reflection HERE
(Rev. Tony Suarez and Rev. Kaper-Dale pictured)
The communions and organizations in Christian Churches Together are committed:
– to celebrate a common confession of faith in the Triune God.
– to discern the guidance of the Holy Spirit through prayer and theological dialogue.
– to provide fellowship and mutual support.
– to seek better understanding of each other by affirming our commonalities and understanding our differences.
– to foster evangelism faithful to the proclamation of the gospel.
– to speak to society with a common voice whenever possible.
– and to promote the common good of society.
Christian Leaders Challenge
U.S. Presidential Candidates
Christian Churches Together
Encourage Christian communions, denominations, and organizations to promote realistic and ambitious goals for ending poverty in our country and worldwide – perhaps joining the world community in working to end extreme poverty and hunger by 2030 and helping to make hunger and poverty a priority for the U.S. government by 2017;
Encourage Christian leaders to join together in asking all presidential candidates in 2015-2016 to make video statements about how they propose to provide help and opportunity to hungry and poor people in our country and around the world; and
Request the participants and staff of CCT to help promote and share information about these efforts.
Learn About CCT Participants
The mission of the Convention is to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and healing.
In addition to such ancillary purposes and statutory powers as are detailed in its Articles of Incorporation, the basic objectives and corporate purposes of this voluntary global fellowship are as follows:
- To unite National Baptist churches, district associations, and state conventions in Christian evangelism so as to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, and healing;
- To promote home and foreign mission efforts;
- To encourage and support Christian education;
- To publish and distribute Sunday School and other Christian literature, music, and other works of art and religious expression; and
- To engage in any other endeavors deemed fitting and proper in order to advance the cause of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
To learn more about the Moravian Church, click HERE