Catholic, Evangelical, Pentecostal, Orthodox, African-American and Protestant Christian Communions & organizations in the U.S.A. witnessing together to the reconciling power of the Gospel of Jesus
Christian Churches Together Commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the Transatlantic Slave Trade
More than 75 Christian leaders gathered in Montgomery for prayer, dialogue, and to remember the atrocities committed against people of African descent in the city and throughout the United States.
More information to come…
Christian Churches Together Statement on Immigration
The diverse group, representing leadership from Catholic, Evangelical/Pentecostal, Historic Protestant, Orthodox,
and Historic Black churches, agreed on these unified principles:
• An earned path to citizenship for the 11 million people in the United States without authorization.
• The priority of family reunification in any immigration reform.
• Protecting the integrity of our borders and protecting due process for immigrants and their families.
• Improving refugee protection laws and asylum laws.
• Reviewing international economic policies to address the root causes of unauthorized immigration
Read full statement HERE
The communions and organizations in Christian Churches Together are committed:
– to celebrate a common confession of faith in the Triune God.
– to discern the guidance of the Holy Spirit through prayer and theological dialogue.
– to provide fellowship and mutual support.
– to seek a better understanding of each other by affirming our commonalities and understanding our differences.
– to foster evangelism faithful to the proclamation of the gospel.
– to speak to society with a common voice whenever possible.
– and to promote the common good of society.
Participant Showcase: Learn and pray for…
American Baptists are a Christ-centered, biblically grounded, ethnically diverse people called to radical personal discipleship in Christ Jesus. Our commitment to Jesus propels us to nurture authentic relationships with one another; build healthy churches; transform our communities, our nations and our world; engage every member in hands-on ministry; and speak the prophetic word in love.
To learn more about the American Baptist Churches, click HERE